So I’ll keep this intro short and sweet: reflection is such an important part of growth, and its something I tend to do quite often. Looking back on all that I go through and extracting my lessons is exactly how I’m able to stay so positive, loving, compassionate and thankful all the time, even when life hasn’t been the easy peasyest. And I thought I’d share some of my lessons with you guys! I’m a firm believer that stories and experiences change across the board from person to person, but the essential lessons we’re meant to learn tend to stay quite the same, so we can all find ourselves being our best versions of ourselves. To read the top 21 things I’ve learned at the age of 21, read on!!
- Life is short and it happens quickly. Soak up and savor every moment that you can.
- You know the quote that goes “life is short, buy the shoes”? Yeah, facts.
- Life isn’t always exactly fair. But that doesn’t need to stop you from living. Accept the things you cannot change, and find it in you to move forward.
- Handling all things thrown your way with gratitude and grace is the most beautiful thing you can do.
- Theres no such thing as doing things “on time”. Your own pace IS on time.
- Life throws things your way for 2 reasons: to constantly toughen you up to be strong, and to soften you up, to be vulnerable and sympathetic.
- Flexibility + being able to adjust are the best skills you can have.
- Baby steps are still steps. Celebrate your progress, no matter how small.
- You should be as kind and as forgiving to yourself as you are to others. Its the only was to truly feel peaceful.
- Meditation isn’t just for hippies.
- You are just as beautiful as everyone around you.
- Old hip hop is better than new.
- Screw trends. Wear what makes YOU feel good!
- True validation can only come from yourself. Anything external (boys, etc.) can all disappear — but you have you, forever.
- Rupaul’s Drag Race truly is the best show ever, for more reasons that just the drag queens.
- Perspective + attitude is everything.
- Theres always 2 sides to the story.
- When you travel, eating their food and trying to learn the language is a must.
- Wine drunk is the best drunk.
- Him not texting you back is HIS loss, not yours.
- Don’t ever think that you cant change the world.
I hope all you guys are comfy, drinking lots of coffee and filling your time with things you like to do (inside, of course 🙂 ). Wash your hands often, social distance + remember: your not stuck at home, you’re safe at home (refer back to lesson 16!) Have a safe quarantine and make sure you put out extra love and good vibes into the universe for those who are sick, hoping they have the speediest recovery that they can. love you all!